skip to main content


History of Durham CA

Acquisition in Durham Conservation Area began in 1959 with the donation of the upper dam to the Authority. Between 1962 - 1979, five parcels were further acquired to bring the total acreage to 61 ha (150 acres). Over time the park has been developed into a multi-use recreational area. It is also an excellent example of proper flood plain management. For more information, please call
Durham Conservation Area - 519-369-2074 or fax: 369-3996


During the off-season, please contact the main office at (519) 367-3040 or fax: 367-3041.




© 2018 SVCA

Web Site by Websmart Inc