Things To Do and See
Christmas in the Country provides plenty of things to do and see for all ages. It is the largest interactive Christmas event in Grey and Bruce Counties.
The event is hosted by the Saugeen Valley Conservation Foundation to raise funds for conservation efforts within our own local area. Some of the things to do and see include the following:
Twenty things to do and see at Christmas in the Country!
- NEW – this year’s theme – Paul Bunyan and a Lumberman’s Christmas! Come out and enjoy the oversized display and a period lumber camp complete with costumed interpreters!
- Come out to a one-of-a kind Christmas event that you won’t want to miss – something for all ages!
- Enjoy a walk through the Conservation Area grounds, where hundreds of candle jars line the treed pathways and thousands of lights adorn the park!
- Enjoy demonstrations, hands-on activities and unique displays, especially the Native Encampment and the Story Telling!
- Make Your Own Bannock Over An Open Fire!
- Enjoy Shelly's Animal Barn - they always do an excellent job in featuring various barnyard animals.
- Enjoy a free cup of hot apple cider!
- See if you measure up at our New Elf Academy!
- Take part in the 'Evening Story Telling' sessions around a cozy fire!
- Try out the fresh kettle corn made daily by Frontier Popcorn.
- Take a Horse Drawn Wagon Ride to the Christmas Cafe.
- Get on a horse and take a stroll through our woodland.
- Have the little ones take a Motorized Duck Ride, provided by Stu Byers, Hanover
- Get on board the Polar Express train for a short ride to the North Pole!
- Visit the Christmas Cafe for a steaming bowl of chili or a freshly basked chocolate chip cookie - fresh out of the oven!
- Write a letter to Santa, courtesy of The Post, Hanover and Canada Post.
- Take in the Christmas Cafe! Stop for a hot drink and a warm cookie - straight out of the oven!
- Decorate your own Gingerbread Cookie!
- Make a Christmas craft by Make a Craft, Durham
- Don't forget...VISIT WITH SANTA IN HIS VERY OWN IGLOO!!
- And last but not least, remember to collect your free goodies at the last stop!